- DocuWorks Desk consolidates documents of different formats into a single, standard DocuWorks format
- DocuWorks Image Capture can automatically acquire scanned documents from a network folder into the DocuWorks Desk
- User-friendly interface allows you to add or delete pages, change page order, and stack or un-stack documents of different orientation and size
- DocuWorks Viewer allows users to easily personalize documents by adding annotations such as notes, date stamps, security stamps, text highlights, and link notations. You can even edit documents within a web browser screen when DocuWorks files are used within WebDAV-compatible web servers. Redaction allows you to hide sensitive areas of a document before it is released to someone else.
- Redaction allows you to hide sensitive areas of a document before it is released to someone else.
- Built-in Optical Character Recognition (OCR) allows users to extract the text from scanned documents and use it to create new editable documents
- DocuWorks Binders allows to combine and handle multiple electronic documents into a single container while keeping access to the original data and boundaries between documents.
- Easy editing capabilities, such as free rotation of notes written on DocuWorks documents
- Enhanced security features protect sensitive and confidential information. DocuWorks protects documents using 128-bit passwords, Electronic Signatures, or Digital Certificates
- Easy search function allows users to search documents by date or document name, or even by text when used in conjunction with the OCR function
- Plug-in tools such as Adobe® PDF Creation Add On, Redaction, Page Layout, Image Converter, ODMA Client, Easy Printer, and Find & Mark, offer exceptional flexibility
- Paper documents often damaged, lost and misplaced. Vast amount of paperwork needs to be archived.
- Due to the increasing variety of file formats, it becomes difficult to exchange and share critical data throughout the enterprise.
- Regardless of file format, easily identifiable view is expected for quick-reference and immediate use.
- Processing vast amount of data quickly and efficiently is a constant challenge, especially when originated from many different sources and media.
- Securing documents throughout their life cycle – creation, viewing, processing, copying, printing, shortage, transmitting through disposal – is crucial to gain a competitive advantage and for our peace of mind.
- Need to share documents with others, but some sensitive areas must be hidden to protect sensitive or confidential information.
- Automated delivery of scanned image files to the desktop. With a Xerox device, large quantities of paper documents can be scanned quickly and imported into DocuWorks
- Seamless integration of electronic documents created by various applications such as Microsoft® Word, Excel or PowerPoint® and paper document imported from scanners
- Easy-to-view display of documents
- Paper-based document handling features such as stack/unstack, bundle/re-order, split, move, delete and re-arrange documents
- Enhanced security features protect sensitive and confidential information using 128-bit passwords, Electronic Signatures, or Digital Certificates
- Document modification features such as object writing: figures, text, notepad, marker, freehand, stamp and date stamp
- OCR features include image page with built-in OCR, noise reduction and deskew, and OCR area designation per page
- Support collaboration by editing annotation of DocuWorks documents from a web browser
- Redaction helps to hide sensitive or confidential information (such as a social insurance number) on a document that will be shared with others.
Why Choose Xerox?
- Complete end-to-end document management solution from one trusted brand when coupled with Xerox scan-enabled multifunction printers
- More affordable and easier to install and use
- Compatible with any scanner compliant with TWAIN32. Also, Image Capture can automatically acquire scanned documents from a network folder into the DocuWorks Desk.
- Document Centre and WorkCentre products that can scan to a network folder in TIFF or JPEG* formats.
* DocuWorks can import files using the following compression formats: G3(1d), G3(2d), G4, non-compression, Packbits, JPEG, TIFF Revision 6.0, TIFF FX Profile F, TIFF FX Profile C, TIFF FX Profile J, TIFF Jpeg Compression 7.0
- Microsoft® Windows® 2000 (Service Pack 3/4) *2 *6
- Microsoft® Windows® XP (Service pack 16/2/3)
- Microsoft® Windows Vista® (without Service Pack or with Service Pack 1/2)
- Installation of Microsoft® Internet Explorer® 6 or Windows® Internet Explorer® 7/8 is required
- Pentium® III 333MHz or above *3
- 256 MB or more (512 MB or more recommended)*3
- 800x600 pixels or more (1024 x 768 pixels recommended) Full colour
- 290 MB*4
- TWAIN32 compliant
- DVD-ROM drive is required during installation
- Windows Installer 3.0 or later
- Microsoft® Internet Explorer® 6
- Windows® Internet Explorer® 7
- Windows® Internet Explorer® 8
- Microsoft® 2003
- Microsoft® Office Office XP
- 2007 Microsoft® Office System
- Microsoft® Office 2010 (32-bit edition)
*1 Operation on virtual machine software (e.g. VMware®) is not covered by the warranty.
*2 To use the PDF thumbnail display function or PDF search function, Service Pack 4 or higher is required.
*3 Compliant with the recommended values for each OS.
*4 To install the supplied software, additional available disk space is necessary. An additional 200 MB or more is recommended to operate the software.
*5 This function displays DocuWorks files using a Web browser and edits files such as adding annotations.
*6 Operation of DocuWorks PDF Creator on Microsoft® Windows® 2000 and Microsoft® Windows XP® Service Pack 1 is not covered under warranty.